Tuesday

Have you ever strapped bread to your head?

A good friend of mine posted this picture to my facebook page. I laughed uncontrollably because of the preposterousness of this picture and why anyone would want to do this, or how anyone would even think this would do anything to help them get want they want! I laugh every time I see it now! My friend I’m sure meant it as a joke; just to send me something funny and make me laugh to brighten my day a bit. But that sort of got me thinking, why would someone strap bread to their head?  It would indeed be wrong to say that all of the protestors strapped bread to their heads just by seeing this one man feel the need to do it. That I suppose is what we would call a hasty generalization… believing that all the protestors did it because someone took a picture of one man doing it.

This could be just one of those pictures that is taken out of context and a new caption is tacked onto it to just make people laugh. It is not uncommon, which is why I know it is a possibility of it being likely. But then again it could be something cultural. Maybe strapping bread to your head in the streets of Eqypt, does really say something!  Maybe by strapping it to your head you are saying “Give me liberty or Give me death!” I doubt it, but I can also say I know next to nothing about modern Egyptian culture…

No comments:

Post a Comment