Tuesday

The way we look online should mean a lot to us!

I remember when I first heard about facebook. I told myself it was just another one of those fads. That I shouldn’t get involved in it that if I asked my mom if I could have one that she would say no. It was one of those “myspace” things that is twisted by adults who do not want their children to put any of their information on line. But It took off. Rather than trying to pretend that it wasn’t the way of the future I joined in.

I made a facebook page all about me. I wanted people who didn’t know me to be able to look at my facebook and see who I was, what my interests were, and what I stood for. In a sense I was trying to make a credible page that would portray me as well as I could give people my credentials in person. I think that is what everyone strives to do. They want to make a page that is them. Then with everything they say, everything they like, and everything they do on it is viewed by the rest of the world and it is judged!

Credibility online is really big no a days, considering a lot more of our lives has to do with the Internet. If we do not check up on ourselves and how we look on line to others then people could end up assuming the worst! Even prospective employers use the internet to check up on their future/prospective clients to check their credibility. If they find pictures of u drinking under aged or something else along those lines, it could mean the difference between getting a job and not getting a job. The way we look online should mean a lot to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment